Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Is it my GPS or Onxmaps

Elkhunter24

So I will keep this short and sweet. I am having problems with getting my onxmaps to show up on my gps. I have a Garmin Oregon 450t. Is my gps to old or is it my chip? I am not good when it comes to computers or technology, reading the directions though it seems like it should just show up, but with my luck everything looks the same to me!

It'll show up when you are in the state the chip is for or if you zoom to a waypoint in that state, unless the chip got hosed.

dumb question but have you zoomed in far enough? To a certain point, you wont notice anything until you zoom in and the property boundaries etc start to show.

Try to find somebody else with a compatible GPS and swap the card in there to see if it works. Or swap another card into your GPS and see if it reads that.

If all other functions on the GPS work fine, I would think it's probably the chip itself.

I don't think your GPS it too old... I have had an Oregon, I think it's a 450T, since 2014 and updated my chip last year. and everything works fine.

I have a 450t and it works great with a chip. I updated a on x chip once that I had been using in the 450t on my lap top and something happened and the chip was smoked !!! Put the chip in another gps to see if it’s the chip or gps. The Oregon450 is a real good gps probably your chip is fried.

Hello Elkhunter24 and thanks to everyone who has walked through troubleshooting a few options with him!
Another simple check which happens quite often is to just make sure it is sitting flush in the unit with that little metal sliding door locked securely. If it's propped up then the connection isn't strong enough for it to read.
If you're still having issues and your chip is not showing up on your unit after you walked through the suggestions, give us a call at 406-540-1600 and we can look up your account so we can get everything squared away and get your chip working!

Hello Elkhunter24 and thanks to everyone who has walked through troubleshooting a few options with him!
Another simple check which happens quite often is to just make sure it is sitting flush in the unit with that little metal sliding door locked securely. If it's propped up then the connection isn't strong enough for it to read.
If you're still having issues and your chip is not showing up on your unit after you walked through the suggestions, give us a call at 406-540-1600 and we can look up your account so we can get everything squared away and get your chip working!

Thank you!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back