Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Is Hand Loading My Answer?

I'm the OP for this thread and as such, I will again thank everyone for their comments and questions. I've learned a lot from you all.

As an update to my ammo situation, I still haven't found any Federal Trophy Copper (130gr) factory ammo for my 270WSM. I noticed that they released some in 270WIN, which is also 130gr, but no WSM. From what I can glean, It has been a couple of year (at least) since they produced or sold the round into the market, but it remains on their website.

My gun loves this round though, so if Federal ever releases another production run, I'm a buyer! At least, if my rifle doesn't also love the Hornady CX that I found.

I bought some Hornady Outfitter CX (130gr), but have yet to visit the range with it. If my rifle likes it, that will be my default bullet/round for the near future, as it is newer and sold as a factory round as well as components (the Trophy Copper bullet seems to be proprietary, i.e., factory loads only).

As to reloading, I've been sidetracked with other life events (for now), but at least I have (factory) options in hand, for the next few seasons at a minimum. I can continue in "learning mode" before I have to commit resources and time on a process that I don't know well enough yet. In the mean time, I'm saving all my brass.

Thanks again for all of your comments (even the snarky ones)!

Yeti GOBOX Collection

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jerrod12
Back