Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Is b tag draw this week ?

Are you hoping for an OTC tag for MT as a NR?
I’m assuming he is and there’s plenty of otc whitetail b tags in Montana and there’ll be lots of surplus cow tags in certain areas , probably lots of surplus mule b tags too that’ll go on sale in August

My wife drew breaks cow elk, so that'll be fun for her first elk hunt. No love for me which is good since id rather we drew on different years.

I’m assuming he is and there’s plenty of otc whitetail b tags in Montana and there’ll be lots of surplus cow tags in certain areas , probably lots of surplus mule b tags too that’ll go on sale in August
Nice I didnt realize there would be any otc b tags. Figured they would be gone. Thanks for the reply. Also congrats on your b tags, atleast 1 draw went well for you.

Nice I didnt realize there would be any otc b tags. Figured they would be gone. Thanks for the reply. Also congrats on your b tags, atleast 1 draw went well for you.
Thanks . I’m confident I’ll get a deer combo as well my number for the alternates list is right around 150 . There’s otc tags and surplus there’s a difference , but both will be available about the second week in August I’m guessing . Should be plenty of cow elk and mule/whitetail doe tags to choose from . In region 7 I’m guessing there’ll be 6,000 or more surplus mule doe tags , which is ridiculous but that’s a whole other topic for sure .......

I’m still trying to work out the MT draw system. But now the b draw has been done will non residents now be able to buy leftover licences? And is it likely there will be any whitetail buck licenses? I have my deer combo, and plan to target a mule buck but it would be nice to have a whitetail tag too.

I’m still trying to work out the MT draw system. But now the b draw has been done will non residents now be able to buy leftover licences? And is it likely there will be any whitetail buck licenses? I have my deer combo, and plan to target a mule buck but it would be nice to have a whitetail tag too.
I don't think there's any real opportunity for two buck tags. Depending on your dates and how long you'll be over, you might want to look into Idaho for a complimentary tag.

Last edited:
Montana's deer tag is for either Mule Deer or Whitetail .. only one Buck tag per year .
Unless you drew a special area Mule deer tag then you can only hunt Mule deer in that unit . You still could hunt for a whitetail but you cant shoot two bucks per year .
If you have time Like above try Idaho for your Whitetail buck.
Best of luck to you !

MT.PERCHMAN

Thanks for the replies. Good to know, it’s really only extra doe tags that can be added. And I shouldnt buy one of those as I need to concentrate on bucks. I just get tag fever occasionally!

I also have a WY buck tag, and missed out on my ID tags which is fine.

Thanks for the replies. Good to know, it’s really only extra doe tags that can be added. And I shouldnt buy one of those as I need to concentrate on bucks. I just get tag fever occasionally!

I also have a WY buck tag, and missed out on my ID tags which is fine.
I assume you know about the OTC buck tags still available in Idaho.. If you've got the time and already paid for the license, might consider giving it a go. Sounds like you've already got a good lineup of tags though!

Yes, I do know ID does have deer tags available. Don’t really know much about the tags but decided that the travel was too much ie trying to fit in ID, WY & MT in two weeks. One year I hope to hunt for longer but two weeks is all I can get away with at the moment.

Reactions: LCH
Yes, I do know ID does have deer tags available. Don’t really know much about the tags but decided that the travel was too much ie trying to fit in ID, WY & MT in two weeks. One year I hope to hunt for longer but two weeks is all I can get away with at the moment.
Yes Sir !
That's going to be a Run and Gun 2 weeks for sure !
Sounds like a Great trip though !

MT.PERCHMAN

Save $100 on the Leupold VX-3HD

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Uncle_Danno
Back