Iowa Youth Hunt

pointingdogsrule

I took one of my client's kids out to hunt. His name is Mason. His father was busy and I asked if I could take Mason on his first turkey hunt. I set up a blind a few days before where I had seen some strutters. We got into the 180 surroundview blind at 3 PM. No action until a turkey gobbled at 5:30 PM. Two hens entered the field and I managed to call them in to the DSD decoys. The Jake followed. I had prepared Mason on where to aim and how to use the 20 gauge O/U Charles Daly. At 17 yards he aimed for the neck and dropped the Jake in his tracks. A neat follow-up: One hen came back and attacked the "breeding hen decoy" and she had 7" beard...… cool. Needless to say Mason was very excited and smiling from ear to ear. When we got home he showed his dad...… who couldn't believe that Mason shot a turkey his first time out in the field.

On a side note the "180 surroundviews" are nice for the kids and me in that you can see a lot of area, however, they are a pain in the butt to set up by yourself.

carsonsmall1.jpg

carsonsmall2.jpg

Mason and me :)

carsonsmall3.jpg

Congratulations Mason and to you,pointingdogsrule for
taking the time to help your client.Good Stuff! 😎

Always good to see you taking the youts out ever year. I was curious about those blinds they look cool online. Why are they hard to setup

Always good to see you taking the youts out ever year. I was curious about those blinds they look cool online. Why are they hard to setup
They have a different hub system that makes them difficult to get open by yourself. They are suppose to get easier as the fabric stretches.

That's cool. I=My old Golden Ande and I did a youth hunt once for a friend's daughter. She dropped a bird on her first shot. It was more fun than hunting myself, so I can imagine what a good time you had.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jack the bear
Back