Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Iowa Deer Tag

Well, the forecast dropped 5 degrees and that was enough for the invasion to occur overnight. Mississippi, Louisiana, Florida, Michigan plates everywhere. Think these folks ever made any effort to their own state’s legislators to fix their bad deer management??? Never met a single one that even tried. Easier to come runnin here.
Wait.. Don't you live in Indiana? Lol!

I’m ready for colder weather here in iowa. The bucks I’ve been seeing this week are all locked in on does. My favorite time is the latter part of November when they are really cruising and respond well to rattling. But a lot of them will have broken tines

Wait.. Don't you live in Indiana? Lol!
Only moved to Indiana 3 years ago. However that was after living in Illinois for 13 years, and paying so much in taxes I could not afford to buy a house there. I was forced to rent and throw all that money away I could have had in home equity anywhere else. I have friends that pay $8k, $10k, 12k, $15k, $18k & $20k/year in property tax alone. So I’ve already contributed more than my share to the bloated state employee pensions. In addition, I bought the last real LL Illinois sold back in 2006. So from an ILDNR standpoint, I am a resident for life, and actually have more rights than a physical IL resident.

Last edited:
Your NR invasion was due to the calendar, rut, vacation time planned. Historically, everyone becomes a deer from Halloween to mid- November.

Your NR invasion was due to the calendar, rut, vacation time planned. Historically, everyone becomes a deer from Halloween to mid- November.
Actually that's not the case. Normally all the plates set up shop Oct 31st/Nov 1st like clockwork where I hunt. These guys must have flexible schedules? Because this year was totally different. But there's only 8 cabins so it's a small sample size. The occupancy went from 1 (me) to 8 in one night 11/5, when the heat wave ended.

friend of mine is looking for zone 5 outfitter reccomendations. He drew NR DEER REG GUN 12/2/23-12/6/23

Back