PEAX Equipment

Iowa Deer Tag

okie archer

I received my Iowa tag today in the mail. Kind of ironic I also received two of my Pope&Young certificates today. I have two more with them right now waiting to receive them as well. All Whitetail going back as far as 2005. I have just had the official score sheets tucked away for a long time. Finally decided to send them in. Nothing real giant, just personal enjoyment.
Hopefully can put the Iowa tag on a P&Y buck come November.

Attachments

• IMG_20220707_204237.jpg
    IMG_20220707_204237.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 24
Congrats! I’ve never officially scored any of mine. I’m seeing a lot of good ones this week after the rain we are having, of course the velvet makes them even bigger! Good luck this year

I am sitting on 6 Iowa points, but saving for now as we have been riding some good IL public spots of late. However, I’m a big supporter & member of both the IBA and P&Y. Hoping IBA can continue to fight off Ravin lobbyists & corrupt politicians. I live in Indiana, yet don’t waste my time deer hunting here. Both IN & IL corrupt politicians sold out the deer to Ravin years ago, thus I don’t join their bow hunters associations as they have no power. Iowa is a different story. They may not be able to hold off Ravin forever, but have been putting up a helluva fight so far. I admire that.

I am sitting on 6 Iowa points, but saving for now as we have been riding some good IL public spots of late. However, I’m a big supporter & member of both the IBA and P&Y. Hoping IBA can continue to fight off Ravin lobbyists & corrupt politicians. I live in Indiana, yet don’t waste my time deer hunting here. Both IN & IL corrupt politicians sold out the deer to Ravin years ago, thus I don’t join their bow hunters associations as they have no power. Iowa is a different story. They may not be able to hold off Ravin forever, but have been putting up a helluva fight so far. I admire that.
With 6 you can draw any tag in Iowa. I’d go.

With 6 you can draw any tag in Iowa. I’d go.
I know, as I’ve been hunting there since the early 90’s. Know all the public in zone 5. I have specific reasons for not cashing now. The IL spot I got now is equal or slightly better than Iowa. But it could be blown up by NR any year, if they find it. If and when they do, I’ll have my Iowa hunt. In the meantime, I get two IL buck tags every year for only $26/each. One Iowa tag would set me back $550.

I know, as I’ve been hunting there since the early 90’s. Know all the public in zone 5. I have specific reasons for not cashing now. The IL spot I got now is equal or slightly better than Iowa. But it could be blown up by NR any year, if they find it. If and when they do, I’ll have my Iowa hunt. In the meantime, I get two IL buck tags every year for only $26/each. One Iowa tag would set me back $550.
What’s NR?

nonresident
Yes and I’ve finally found a way to kill their influx into my Illinois spots! It’s called 75 degree weather for the entire first two weeks of the prime rut. Have yet to see one NR plate in a lot this year. Amazing.

Based on the forecast, I expect that to finally change 11/11.

Yes and I’ve finally found a way to kill their influx into my Illinois spots! It’s called 75 degree weather for the entire first two weeks of the prime rut. Have yet to see one NR plate in a lot this year. Amazing.

Based on the forecast, I expect that to finally change 11/11.
Well, the forecast dropped 5 degrees and that was enough for the invasion to occur overnight. Mississippi, Louisiana, Florida, Michigan plates everywhere. Think these folks ever made any effort to their own state’s legislators to fix their bad deer management??? Never met a single one that even tried. Easier to come runnin here.

I’m ready for colder weather here in iowa. The bucks I’ve been seeing this week are all locked in on does. My favorite time is the latter part of November when they are really cruising and respond well to rattling. But a lot of them will have broken tines.

Back