Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Iowa bound

FLS

I’m a few days later than I’d like but I’m headed to SW Iowa to try and intercept a love sick overgrown midwestern whitetail. I’ve been watching deer right behind my house and have counted coup on a couple of small bucks, so I’m ready to launch an arrow!

What part of SW Iowa? That’s my natal origin. Good luck!

Good luck! With any luck i’ll be able to cash in my IA points next year!

The bucks have been chasing does in NE Ia but with the cold weather we have been having (6 yesterday morning) they have been hitting the feed too. Good luck!

It was windy but they were chasing like crazy all day. Counted coup on a couple of 2.5 year olds. Probably had a dozen deer in bow range today. Saw twice that many plus turkeys and two bobcats. Gonna be cold and really windy tomorrow, but better Tuesday and Wednesday.

Good Luck. I was just down in Southern Iowa myself. I think it's safe to say you are right about being a couple days late for the best chance at mature buck. Little ones were chasing hard. Mature bucks out wandering and checking things out following does around but not really wound up. Saw many does with fawns but started seeing a few lone fawns and does Saturday and Sunday. Did see one mature buck bedded with doe in CRP yesterday.

I think most doe will be coming into season as usual in the next couple days. Not impossible to catch up to a mature buck just have to be in right place at right time.

I missed my chances twice and don't want to talk about it right now.

I tagged out yesterday, Sunday, on a decent 9 pointer. The big boys were running hard and I am glad I got my tag punched before this cold snap.

16 and snowing this AM. Several young bucks but no shooters, yet...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Big daddy
Back