Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Interesting bill in Nebraska

PrairieHunter

The proposal would create special permits for landowners to hunt deer up to a week before the official firearm hunting season starts, if they open at least half of their land to hunters during the regular season.

This is a total crock. Landowners that do not allow hunting now, will not allow it if this is passed. It will change nothing. I don't know who the brain surgeon is that came up with this, but I know a lot of land owners and they would not do it. Many, would rather have the deer, than trying to manage idiot hunters stomping all over. I get what the intended purpose of this is, but it makes no sense at all. Landowners that hunt, don't need to start a week earlier, as they already have the land!

The bottom line is that there are now too many people vying for the available land and lots of landowners just don't want the hassle of opening to total public access. It will be interesting to see where this goes, but they are better off concentrating on the programs that they already have, that allow payments to landowners to allow public access. The WTF has donated enough money to make these work real well and the landowner sees a financial benefit.

Back