MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Integrated arrow rest

Indianajoe

I'm looking at new bows this year. Has anyone tried the integrated rest on hoyt or mathews? Are they worth the extra cost? Pros/cons. All advise and opinions appreciated.

Bought a Axius Ultra last night and plan on putting a integrated rest on it. Just makes sense to me. A dovetail will hold more secure than a single bolt that can allow the rest to pivot. I want my bow to be bomb proof.

Last edited:
I’m hoping to buy a new bow in the next few months. It’s between the Mathews or Hoyt. Whichever one I choose won’t have an integrated rest on it.

I’ve never needed it before. I don’t see the benefit from it and it’s expensive. I’ve also read that the QAD ones were having issues.

It’s kinda like the front sight attachment with the pic rail. I won’t be getting one of those sights, either. Lol

Are they cool...yes. Necessary...no.
QAD make a micro adjust non-dovetail version that is quite a bit cheaper. Even a Hamskea Hybrid Hunter with micro adjust is about $60 cheaper.

Are they cool...yes. Necessary...no.

Agreed. My VXR wears a Hamskea, because after paying as much as i did for the bow i'm not going to pay QAD a $60 premium for a dovetail sight. Part of the reason is that - based on my own research - the Hamskea is a better rest. The other part is that I refuse to be pushed into paying more for something that is just as easy to produce b/c the market tells me it's the newest/bestest.

Having said all that, buy what you makes you happy and more importantly gives you the most confidence. I'm just a crusty old libertarian who can't stand being preached to by anyone, especially salesfolk who can't point to a real objectionable value in their *new and improved* design.

They r having problems with the Mathews rest not dropping right but they always fix it

You can’t torque tune with the integrated rest. So more money less adjustability. I think someone in marketing got paid. Are people really having rests work themselves loose? I never thought this was a problem worth solving.

I bought a Matthews V3 31, the Hamskea Trinity rest I wanted was not an integrated rest so I was not able to use the dovetail. For me it was more important to get a sight I wanted than to utilize the new mounting system. Vendors will catch up if the idea of dovetail and Picatinny rails become more common place.

Back