Hunt Talk Radio - Look for it on your favorite Podcast platform

Insomnia.......

Eyeguy

Am I the only one who can't sleep due to thinking about my upcoming elk hunt? Put in tons of research, packs are ready, bow is sighted in, and my eyes are crossed from staring at google earth. I have got myself into excellent shape the last 3 months, Lost 30 pounds and i haven't felt this good in a long time! Gear has been checked and double checked. I can only watch Randy's episodes so many times.....ha! Only thing left to do....is wait.

I went and scouted my deer area yesterday. After that I tried to go to bed early since I had to get up at 1:30 this morning for work. You guessed it I layed there wide awake with deer running around in my head.

I don't have any problem sleeping, I just dream I'm already there. And usually I've forgotten my rifle / tag / clothes / etc.

ya i am pretty sure we all have it...lol the worst is the couple days before i leave, have a 30+ hour drive time (act tires turning) to get to my hunts, and little/no sleep before that drive makes it rough. nyquil usually helps force me to rest...lol

ya i am pretty sure we all have it...lol the worst is the couple days before i leave, have a 30+ hour drive time (act tires turning) to get to my hunts, and little/no sleep before that drive makes it rough. nyquil usually helps force me to rest...lol

Ha! I don't think Nyquil would fix my problem…I may need to be sedated each night before I sleep…… :rolleyes:

I have been sleeping about 2 hours per night because elk is all I can think about. 4 more days and I will be in unit 15 New Mexico. I am so excited I can hardly contain myself. My coworkers and wife must be sick of hearing me talk about it.

Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Iceman1992
Back