Inreach

If you already carry a phone and are comfortable using both a phone paired to a communicator, then take a look at Zoleo

I have a 66I and really like it, very easy to use. I like to send my wife txt messages while solo hunting in the backcountry.

I did however have trouble with two of my older On X map chips not working with this device. I contacted On X directly and they provided me with new replacement chips free of charge, talk about awesome customer service! I also have On X on my phone, but I'm a person who likes redundancy.

I looked at that zoleo and thought about that I do like the idea of having two ways to get help if need be if I go with the 66I. I kinda worry about if my phone gets broke some how in the back country with that 66I I could still use that if need be.

So I have the Mini and used my phone to do some basic navigations on some day hunts but will be taking it out over Labor Day for a 4 day moose hunt with more serious navigation. Followed by an October 1-10 Dall Sheep Hunt here in Alaska down by Anchorage area.
I am curious about those using OnX. I was told Garmin has their own property line program/system that you could use. How did OnX work with the Earthmate or did you have to use its own map? Has anyone bought the other layer and used it with their phone/mini to see property boundaries? I may be getting close to Denali National Park and want to make sure I stay away!

So I have the Mini and used my phone to do some basic navigations on some day hunts but will be taking it out over Labor Day for a 4 day moose hunt with more serious navigation. Followed by an October 1-10 Dall Sheep Hunt here in Alaska down by Anchorage area.
I am curious about those using OnX. I was told Garmin has their own property line program/system that you could use. How did OnX work with the Earthmate or did you have to use its own map? Has anyone bought the other layer and used it with their phone/mini to see property boundaries? I may be getting close to Denali National Park and want to make sure I stay away!
I use on x and really like it it shows the property lines and owners and works well for the areas I hunt You can save the maps and use it offline to so it’s nice for that also when your in areas with out cell service you can get a free week long trial and try it out up there

+1 for Zoleo I have been happy with my unit and is works flawlessly

I am carrying a mini and my phone with OnX for now. I tried the earthmate app. It was ok, but not great. The OnX app is far superior. I am excited to see what goHUNT comes up with for their offline app. The mini and a paper map is a solid backup, but I typically keep track of what drainage I am in. I haven't needed a GPS unit to navigate, but there is always a first time. I typically leave all of my devices powered off and only turn them on to mark waypoints.

+1 for Zoleo I have been happy with my unit and is works flawlessly

I hate them simply because I’m inundated with adds... can’t a guy watch videos of morons getting hurt in piece... also they look like a Simon.

I hate them simply because I’m inundated with adds... can’t a guy watch videos of morons getting hurt in piece... also they look like a Simon.
Those adds don’t end even after you own one.... :/

Has anyone been able to change preset messages and get a proper sync on their inreach?
I still can't get it to after the ransom ware attack on garmin. I spent over an hour waiting for customer service before I needed the phone.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leejones
Back