Initial Success or Total Failure!

We're ALL thinking of and praying for you --- your service is NOT unappreciated! Hang in there with the torn meniscus --- take what meds you need to keep you thinking straight until you can go under the knife. And then GET YOUR BUTT BACK HERE for some well-deserved hunting!!!

Like everyone else, I've always enjoyed your posts. I wish more of us here at home & safe knew what you guys go through over there. Prayers sent and looking forward to your next follow up, God bless.

I'll be praying for you, Ray, and we eagerly await your next post!

Well, that was anti-climactic. We just rolled in. The rain washed out the first day. We ended up leaving a day later and coming back a day sooner so it ended up only being a three day trip. The leg held up pretty good and I didn't have to take any pain medicine for it.

Only had one small fire fight and there wasn't even very effective fire coming at us. Election day was no where near what I have experienced in the past. Only one local was killed. That's real good for this place. Democracy must be taking root because the turnouts were down quite a bit for the voting this year as well.

The most excitement we had was on the first day when a whole family of people came in all busted and cut up………all from a family feud. :W:

Just want to thank everyone for the thoughts and prayers. Seeing all the post is a real blessing and moral boost. I mean that! Huntalkers are the best! Now for the obligatory pics.

One of the guys from the family feud getting stitched up.
Stitch.jpg
Pulling guard during the day……..looks like a tough gig, huh?
Guard.JPG
Pulling guard at night on the CROW system.
Crow.jpg
I even got my same 5 star room that I had last trip here. I asked my room-mate why he would take a picture of me sleeping before he woke me up for guard…….kinda creepy. :rolleyes: Then I said…….hey, let me get a copy of that you pervert.
IMG_1694.JPG

Glad to see you made it through just fine. Get that knee taken care of and relax for a while. Just so you know, I tore my ACL at work and went with the reconstruction using a cadaver replacement. It's strong, nothing else got cut out of me to "make" a new one, and I was released back to work in 4 months and all restrictions and doctor follow-ups stopped at 6 months. In my opinion that's the way to go. Check out all your options and you'll be able to tell what will work out best for you. Enjoy the downtime, you deserve it!

Thankful to see all is well for you and your brothers/sisters.

You always wonder how tainted the news is about matters abroad.

Great to hear everything went relatively smooth. Now get back home and take it easy for a while!

Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JRP325
Back