Info on Hornady interlocks

tom338

Anybody use these on deer or elk?? Hear lots about other brands both good and bad but never much about Hornady.

I have killed a few elk and tons of deer with them in several calibers. They are cheap, shoot accurately in every rifle that I have tried and kill well. You cannot go wrong. I now use Partitions for elk just because I can, but the Interlocks will do fine.

What Hooper said.

They're a good bullet and do the job well. I've used them in 30-06 & 338 WM on deer & elk with great success. They were a little soft out of the WM, but they still put the critter down humanely.

I have used Interlocks in both 6.5 and 350 Remington Magnums on whitetail deer. They have performed well and shot well. As others have stated, they don't cost an arm & 1/2 of a leg either! :)

My grandfather, dad, brother, and I use them almost exclusively, and we never had a bad experience. Put it where it needs to go, and it'll kill every time.

My wife and I shoot 165g BTSP out of .308, 30-06, and 300 WIN MAG. They work great. 1 shot kills, never had a mule deer run more than 40 yards. My uncle uses them on Elk with great satisifaction. They shoot very well at the range once you find a load that works for your gun

I used to use them exclusively, back in the day when I was long on hunting, short on experience, and more importantly even shorter on $$$.

Did they work ? Well, that was 30 yrs ago.

But here is what sent me to Noslers.

Hunt A: Axis deer, in Hawaii. 7RM, 139 boattail @ about 3000 fps, inside 200 yds. I hit the shoulder spatula and then disintegrated. Deer expired immediately.

Hunt B: B&C Black Bear, in AZ. 338 WM, 200 gr flat nose designed for the old 33 Win (discontinued YEARS ago), downloaded to 2500 fps. Might as well been a FMJ. Yeah, dead bear, but.....

I've read tons, Tons, TONS from hunters since then about good results, but I'm stuck on the disintegrate & FMJ experiences.

I'll stay with Nosler.

I used to use them exclusively, back in the day when I was long on hunting, short on experience, and more importantly even shorter on $$$.

Did they work ? Well, that was 30 yrs ago.

But here is what sent me to Noslers.

Hunt A: Axis deer, in Hawaii. 7RM, 139 boattail @ about 3000 fps, inside 200 yds. I hit the shoulder spatula and then disintegrated. Deer expired immediately.

Hunt B: B&C Black Bear, in AZ. 338 WM, 200 gr flat nose designed for the old 33 Win (discontinued YEARS ago), downloaded to 2500 fps. Might as well been a FMJ. Yeah, dead bear, but.....

I've read tons, Tons, TONS from hunters since then about good results, but I'm stuck on the disintegrate & FMJ experiences.

I'll stay with Nosler.

Why were you shooting at a spatula? Did your wife get pissed when she could not mix her cake?

Hornady interlock are great bullets,nosler partitions are a little better. If one shoots better than the other in your rifle ,that is what I would use.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CCEAB
Back