Info on Deer Hunting HD 702 around Hysham MT?

Ryan2388

Hi guys,

I found out I get more vacation time than I thought and thought about a hunting trip up to Montana this fall during the November rut.

The area I was interested was hunting in HD 702 around Hysham MT. I know that area has tons of block management and some public areas along the river.

I was wondering if anyone has any experience hunting in this area? Deer numbers? More Whitetails or Mule Deer?

My plan was to hunt closer to the Yellowstone River or is the Mule deer hunting better farther North?

The last time I was in the area was 6 years ago and deer were everywhere even on public ground.

Lots of mulies all over that unit . Just don't be too picky as far as horns every average 3 point and bigger gets blasted on bma's and blm . And most forkys too

Thank you for the information. I also kayaked to Forsyth a couple of times for school and camped out on the public islands on the river. Some nice bucks I saw on them. I always wanted to do a hunting trip like that as well on the Yellowstone River. A very underrated hunt in Montana I think.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Omcqueen
Back