INFO ON ALASKA???

Bambi_fan

I plan on going to Alaska in June, is their season for black bear still open? do they hunt bears out of Homer? Any help would be appreciated it. :D :D :D Need to know as soon as possible to get everthing booked. Thanks

yes, blackies are open, and yes they can be hunted out of homer. you would need to book transport to the outer coast of the peninsula. early in june is better. rubbing is not as much of an issue as the fact thet with green-up you can neither spot bears on the hillsides nor get to them if you could. you would hunt the streams and beaches/rocky shores.
feel freee to e-mail me if you are interesred in more info.

Homerdave

Do you know who we could contact to set something like this up. I would only have 3 to 4 days to hunt. How many bears do you think we would see? I would be interested in filming it for a T.V. show would it be worth my time? Any help would be much appreciated

Thanks for your time

most charters here that bear hunt do so about now, and by june are pretty much switched over to halibut. i am leaving tommorrow for a 5 day hunt on the outer coast
( go figure!!), and will get back to you when i return. exactly which 3-4 days in june are you considering? more bears earlier...
as to how many, well what i tell folks up her is that whatever your question, the answer is followed by "...depending on the weather."

Back