Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Indiana Bobcat Season Law Signed.

TheGrayRider

Here are some of the other Indiana bills that were signed into law today.

• Senate Enrolled Act 241 requires the Indiana Department of Natural Resources to establish a bobcat hunting season Bobcats – Indiana’s only native wild cat – were considered endangered for decades but they were taken off the state’s endangered species list in 2005, and their population has grown.

Still awaiting official DNR rules, quotas, and counties for bobcat season in 2025, most probably. Another conservation success story.

Happy hunting, TheGrayRider a/k/a Tom.

Hopefully they will make it concurrent with deer season. I've seen several while deer hunting the last five years or so. Only bad thing would be that my Indiana public land deer gun (.450 BM.)wouldn't be very fur friendly!

Hopefully they will make it concurrent with deer season. I've seen several while deer hunting the last five years or so. Only bad thing would be that my Indiana public land deer gun (.450 BM.)wouldn't be very fur friendly!
You could always take a 22 pistol to the stand with you. I take one in the mountains here sometimes for grouse.

I have yet to ever see a bobcat. I’m in the far northwest corner of the state and they are fairly non existent. Although my son who lives about 20 minutes north of me in Michigan City says he’s seen one by his house so maybe I’ll get to see one here soon.

Every time I post this it turns in to a Chinese restaurant joke, but anyhow. Bobcat are good to eat. Kinda stinky to skin, but the grill and instapot do like them.

I have seen three bobcats in Indiana over the past 10 years but they were all in the extreme southern counties along the Ohio River across from Kentucky.

If you are seeing them it means there are a lot around or you are extremely lucky
I've been hunting public ground in the southern end of the state. Neighboring land owners I've talked to have been complaining about the bobcats getting into their chickens. One had a litter of kittens behind his barn. So I'm guessing the population is pretty high in some areas.

I've been hunting public ground in the southern end of the state. Neighboring land owners I've talked to have been complaining about the bobcats getting into their chickens. One had a litter of kittens behind his barn. So I'm guessing the population is pretty high in some areas.
They are so elusive and blend in so well
E61F0F43-94D1-4ECC-9AE4-8A21401C7B99.jpeg

I see them all the time at my house and also where I work. On camera nearly daily. Beautiful animals. I’m excited for a hunting season.

I see them pretty regular here in Illinois. My Blink camera picked one up this morning at the front door.

bobcat.png

Never saw one and used to spend a lot of time in the woods here in Illinois. We have a trapping season and I know a guy who caught one. The same can be said about badgers. I found a roadkill 3 miles from my house and found out we can trap them as well.

Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CheyenneKennedy
Back