Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

I'm no turkey hunter...but

BuzzH

I have never claimed to be much of a turkey hunter, but got an invite to hunt a friends place.

Set up the first time, called in 2 mature toms to 20 yards shot one of them:

IMG_20230427_191518754.jpg

Set up the next morning and heard some gobbling right away so set up. Had several calling and working their way closer. I waited for about 15 minutes and called one more time, they went crazy gobbling over each other. Pretty quick I had all 4 at 20 yards after watching them circle me strutting and carrying on. Picked the closest one, all were mature toms and had my second bird:

IMG_20230428_074940996.jpg

In between turkey hunting managed to shoot 7 hogs and on the last day my buddy asked me if I wanted to shoot one of the several black bucks he had with one horn. I don't know much about black bucks but this one looked pretty good.

IMG_20230429_074900960.jpg

IMG_20230429_074025086.jpg

That’s a heck of a friend! Congrats on the birds and the buck. I wish turkey hunting was like what you experienced all of the time. Easterns are not like those Rios.

Last edited:
I have never claimed to be much of a turkey hunter...

Only have a few more species and will be a Slam holder. I feel spring turkey hunting is like bull elk hunting in the fall rut while fall turkey hunting is like hunting bull elk post-rut. The main difference in turkey vs elk is I never needed to quarter a turkey to get to the trailhead.

Only have a few more species and will be a Slam holder. I feel spring turkey hunting is like bull elk hunting in the fall rut while fall turkey hunting is like hunting bull elk post-rut. The main difference in turkey vs elk is I never needed to quarter a turkey to get to the trailhead.
The other difference for me is I typically hear way more turkeys and have a much higher percentage of call ins that result in getting a shot

Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leejones
Back