Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping System

Illinois Turkey Hunters, I need some assistance

chris c

I have a meeting in Chicago in April on the 9th and 10th. While I'm there thought I would try to hunt in Illinois the remainder of the week. I checked the season dates on the DNR's web page. The Southern Zone has an open season the 9th-13th and one from the 14th-19th. I could hunt 10th-14th. How far is the southern zone from Chicago? Does anybody know of a possible place to hunt in the southern zone? I would be willing to trade SC or NC deer or turkey hunt, if anyone would be interested in that. Thanks

Chris

Chris,

The deadline is , or was Jan 11, for non-residents.
The southern zone starts north of effingham couty which is approx 200 + miles from chicago.
There are no, first or second seasons permits available in the county where I live.
I have a first season permit.
I will put in for the third drawing and also for the random daily drawing.
Some years I have gotten three permits.
You would need to pick a county that still has first season permits after the Jan 8 drawing and go from there.I am locked into my county for the first season and have only hunted in a couple of counties other than where I live.
Maybe you can hook up with someone from the north zone that could help you out and it would be a lot closer to Chicago.
Sorry

------------------
Chambo

gunslinger.gif

IF IT WAS EASY EVERYBODY WOULD BE DOING IT !!!

http://www.hunttalk.com

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sea Rover
Back