If you won the Golden Opportunity...

2 friends and I had max pts in 2016 - Cashed them in for G6 - Had a good hunt! Saving for it again. Need 12 pts to hunt it.

2 friends and I had max pts in 2016 - Cashed them in for G6 - Had a good hunt! Saving for it again. Need 12 pts to hunt it.
Never really hear too much about that late season hunt like the others are talked about, did you guys see a lot of deer on the hunt like other late season hunts? Or is the migration not as large as some of the other late hunts

Devils Garden is indeed a great hunt, never drew it myself but did draw M8 (Bass Hill muzzle) a few times and it can be a sleeper as well. Can also be frustrating as hell for a public land hunter.

On another note, if you’re looking for book blacktails (not muley or crosses) From 2013 through 2017, Mendocino, Humboldt and Trinity counties produced a total of 50 of California’s 66 B&C blacktail bucks and most of that is in the good ol (basically OTC) Calif “B” zone

G6 - deer were common. Shot a nice bodied mature buck, 25" spread. One friend shot one a little bigger. Early December hunt - need snow to push them out the national parks and high country. In 2016 got a good storm with 2+ feet above 5k', 1 week before the start. Locals were saying years without snow have less deer available. Saw a heavy 30" after I tagged mine. Only a 9 day season.

Back