If you went hunting on a whim

fmnjr

where and what hunt would you do? Me, I'd find it hard to choose on whim....elk, deer....wherever I could get an OTC tag for which I could adequately prepare, ie, do some scouting, is within a reasonable distance from me.

That's kind of what I do, so that's why I hunt bear. Tags are generally over the counter. Cant really hunt much else on wimp when you need to apply.

That's kind of what I do, so that's why I hunt bear. Tags are generally over the counter. Cant really hunt much else on wimp when you need to apply.

There are at times, if you're looking out for them, opps to grab a left over/OTC tag on the spur of the moment. If the rest of my time off this year wasn't already spoken for, I'd be heading to CO with a left over tag.

I need to get a predator call ASAP. What do you use?
I only use hand calls. mostly because I an a firm believer in not wasting effort . don't get me wrong I will do what I must to obtain my objective in any task but I am of the hunt/work smarter , not harder , mindset . that includes not packing more then I need .

my go to call is still the baby cottontail in distress(bc-85) made by haydell game calls

www.haydells.com
318-746-3586

jackrabbit calls, mice squeakers , howlers, I have em all. I have bought many calls from private call makers who will tune them for me as I like. just a simple lip squeak with no call at all can be more then a coyote can ignore.

When hunting season is over and too early for good fishing I will go coyote hunting to get out of the house. I use a primos alpha dog electronic calller and it does fine. Foxpro is also very good. Just depends on how much you want to spend.

Actually, about two weeks ago I was in the sporting goods store and realized that it had been awhile since I hunted turkeys in the fall so I plopped down my $25.50 and got a tag. Haven't hunted them yet but I have until January.

Returned from a WY hunt 2 weeks ago where I filled 4 tags. Planned on bowhunting whitetails this weekend but actually grabbed the .22 and went and shot some squirrels! Enjoyed it. Been a while.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CrownDitch
Back