IDFG atv rules

Michaelr

I read in the paper today that the off road rules the Idaho fish and game started last year for atv's needed legislative approval to be continued. I can't remember which commitee it was but they voted it down.
It is back to square one for the atv haters :confused:

I hunted down in SE Idaho last fall in one of those units closed to ATV use and it was awesome. This was the first time in a while that we actually had a good time hunting. It was harder and we put on a few miles but it was nice to know that someone couldn't just come in at first light and get the spot without actually working for it. I hope the state of Idaho puts the restrictions back in place at least for the sake of the animals. This year there in Eastern/SE Idaho, a ton of snow has come down making it even harder for the wintering deer and elk herds. That's all we need now...go slaughter what is left of the animals that actually make it through the tough winter.

Wilecoyote76

our local paper had a blutb in it, but you have to be a subscriber to get online, unfortunatly i'm not a subscriber, I get a free copy at work.

Jerry Connely the former IDFG commish spoke about it at the deer hunters banquet.
I'm sure if you research it you can find something.

"I read in the paper today that the off road rules the Idaho fish and game started last year for atv's needed legislative approval to be continued. I can't remember which commitee it was but they voted it down."

I tried researching it and couldn't find anything. If it really happened it sure hasn't made much news.

I couldn't find anything either. I had heard the rumor, but can find no information on it. There's not even anything on the Idaho ATV site.

I think you may have gotten some bad information. I've spoken with F&G here and they don't agree with this statement. As matter of fact, the commission voted to adopt the more "severe wording" over the old wording that was in the F&G ATV rules. They did this a few weeks ago. Unless something happened that F&G people here don't even know about, that story is incorrect. I sure hope it is.

Back