MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Identifying the fastest caribou

Akcabin

I have a good friend who is an Eskimo. While visiting about hunting he was telling me that the when he hunts caribou and analyzing which one to harvest he is looking at its butt not the antlers. The higher up on the animal the tail is the more fat it has. Which is particularly sought after.
Kinda thinking it through a bit, it probably suggests a healthier animal also.

Not all people hunt. Every village has a few skilled hunters. They feed everyone. How cool is that? These guys go out and bring back the meat. Shared by all in that village, and if hot, shared with other villages, everybody gets some meat. I've witnessed moose, caribou, and duck/geese hunts. A lot of critters shot. Fat content did not seem to matter, but I'm just an observer. Regulations are for city folk.

Not all people hunt. Every village has a few skilled hunters. They feed everyone. How cool is that?
But everyone has a job in the village. We still use caribou and seals to make footwear and clothing . Some hunt, some sew, some cook, some maintain the snowmobiles, some teach, etc, but BearFoot is correct. Akcabin is as well
Some guys look for a nice butt, some for a nice rack.
wasn't there a song "if you want to be happy for the rest of your life take an ugly woman for a wife" ? I will check with Ken or April . They both remember those old songs.

Last edited:
But everyone has a job in the village. We still use caribou and seals to make footwear and clothing . Some hunt, some sew, some cook, some maintain the snowmobiles, some teach, etc, but BearFoot is correct. Akcabin is as well

wasn't there a song "if you want to be happy for the rest of your life take an ugly woman for a wife" ? I will check with Ken or April . They both remember those old songs.
I’m not that old, but my parents used to listen to that music (oldies) from their childhood on the radio when I was a kid. That was one of the songs that stick with me…

Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
atlasbranch
Back