Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Idaho Wolf tag punched!

lbirch - tastes about like coyote :eek: which is about halfway between Spotted Owl and Ivory-billed Wodpecker! ;)

ID_deerslayer - I've never trapped anything but mice in the garage and a juvenile robin when I was 6. Used a stick to prop a box up out on our grass. Had a 50 foot piece of twine tied to the stick and bread for bait. My dad couldn't believe I caught that silly robin!
I would really like to go with someone who knows what they're doing on a trapline. I think it would make an unbelievable video/documentary trying to trap wolves. Sounds like quite a few of the guys in Idaho are getting it done that way!

Joe - the IDFG biologist that checked the wolf thought it was 5.

track1 - I've called them in with a cottontail distress call and diaphragm cow call. Last Friday we mouth howled to locate and even tried to coax them on our final set-up. They came to 100 yards and hung-up for 20-25 minutes. They howled ALOT. We answered a few times but they didn't move closer. Finally, my brother pulled out his coyote howler and barked at them 8-10 times after they just finished a sequence. He threw in a couple psuedo coyote howls at the end. I wish the timber wasn't so thick so I could have seen the looks on their faces. All I know is they moved faster than The Don when he's running from a debate or a legit audit and we all know The Don is like Spidey Ninja faaaaast. :hump:

I've watched the video we recorded a few times and from the end of Jake barking/howling to him seeing them through the timber was about 6 seconds. Sounds kinda unconventional, but it aaaaallllllllmooooooost worked for us. I'm afraid we've gotta start thinking outside the box after they've been hunted a couple seasons. Might be one more arrow to put in your quiver if you're in the same situation.
Hopefully tomorrow's your day.

Cade

Last edited:
Joe - the IDFG biologist that checked the wolf thought it was 5.

Cade

Thanks, just curious. I was told mine was 1 YO after waiting a year to get the result of the tooth reading. The bio that pulled the tooth broke it so they couldn't guarantee it was accurate but that was their story. She was old enough to getting a gray muzzle so I tend to think she was older than 1. :rolleyes:

I check in bears here in Oregon and have NEVER checked in one with just a broken tooth. I've broke a few but I pull another one to get it right. I must be an overachiever. :)

At any rate.....awesome story and wolf!!!!!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brutus56
Back