Caribou Gear

Idaho Unit #67

CampRipleyLF

I'm thinking about doing an early archery hunt in Idaho's Unit #67... Any advice? Worth while? Many hunters? or any information you got.......:)

Decent hunting from guys I know that have hunted it, never been in it myself. Bear spray would be something to have in there.

Agree, due to distance from Idaho Falls, it gets hit pretty hard. Are some nice bulls in there. I would only hunt it Tuesday to Friday to avoid local crowd as much as possible

It's been a few years since I've hunted it, there are some great bulls in there.

Mild topography in comparison central Idaho. None of it is truly remote.

Plenty of hunters. Like most places, if you get in a couple miles the people thin out quickly.

There are a lot of elk in there and some quality bulls. If you do go for archery elk, I'd pick up a deer tag as well. Not a lot of them, but I saw several nice bucks. As a NR, the deer tag is good for bear and lion as well.

I guess I should have specified.... I'm primarily looking for deer? Is the deer hunting worthwhile? Hopefully a mule deer and not a whitetail....

Spent a lot of last summer and fall in there camping, 4 wheeling, hiking around, hunting for moose and elk. Never saw anything except for Moose and 3 elk. Pretty steep country. Saw quite a few people with horses buy they may have been working their way into Wyoming.
Good luck.

I wouldn't go there to hunt deer only. Elk, yes.

I spent most of my youth hunting 66a and 76 and never have seen grizz. I did find a track that was I suspect was grizz.

Back