Idaho Unit 40

SoloIdaho

My son drew Unit 40 late season deer. We're incredibly excited for this. We've put down some miles scouting and checking out the land. Way more private land than I thought.

Any areas of the unit to flat out avoid?

Any idea how well the roads are maintained when weather hits, since there are ranches back in there?

Not looking for a hand out for a hunting spot, just intel on the area if available.

Google will bring up a lot of information on this from other forums. There are not a lot of secrets anymore. If you are open to it, I suggest you pick up a general tag and hunt 2-pts the last week of the season. You will start seeing a little pre-rut activity.

There was a thread on here with someone with an elk tag in the unit. A few years ago. If I recall he was complaining and got a few responses from folks who straightened him out...It was entertaining.

I found it...If your search skills are up to par you will too...

There was a thread on here with someone with an elk tag in the unit. A few years ago. if i recall he was complaining and got a few responses from folks who straightened him out...It was entertaining.
I had the late elk tag that year I think that guy had the rut tag. It was entertaining. As far as deer I saw dang few and the best was strangely enough a big 2 point. Incredible the amount of hunters on that general 2 point tag.

Google will bring up a lot of information on this from other forums. There are not a lot of secrets anymore. If you are open to it, I suggest you pick up a general tag and hunt 2-pts the last week of the season. You will start seeing a little pre-rut activity.
General ends a week early out there, but I may take the younger boy out to see if he can come up with a 2pt.

I'll continue to Google.

I had the late elk tag that year I think that guy had the rut tag. It was entertaining. As far as deer I saw dang few and the best was strangely enough a big 2 point. Incredible the amount of hunters on that general 2 point tag.
That's what tripped me out when we started talking with friends of friends. Too many people putting in miles for a 2pt.

We have only seen a couple does in 2 weekends of scouting. It's been hot and I know it will change when we start to get some weather here.

How did you do on your elk tag?

PEAX Trekking Poles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jack the bear
Back