Idaho Unit 39 Advice

Comets98

Sorry to post on Unit 39, I am new to the area and my father in law is wanting to start hunting again. We plan on getting off the roads and doing a lot of hiking. Is there certain areas someone can steer me in? Not looking for honey holes just an idea of areas. Appreciate it in advance.

How old and fit is your father in law? The country up toward ID City is easier hunting than the country close to Boise around the reservoir and toward mt. home. The more rugged and nasty the terrain the more likely deer will have been pushed into that area by other hunters. IMO there are better areas to rifle hunt that aren't that much further of a drive, not going to name them but 39 is hunted by a lot of people from Early Archery all the way until the end of Nov.

How old and fit is your father in law? The country up toward ID City is easier hunting than the country close to Boise around the reservoir and toward mt. home. The more rugged and nasty the terrain the more likely deer will have been pushed into that area by other hunters. IMO there are better areas to rifle hunt that aren't that much further of a drive, not going to name them but 39 is hunted by a lot of people from Early Archery all the way until the end of Nov.

Spot on!
Matt

He is in good shape, so that won't be the issue. I have hard that about this area (being heavily hunted). Can you IM me some of the areas that are a little better to hunt? Like I mentioned, this is all new areas for me and just want to give him a good hunt. Terrain and 4X4 (Ranger) is not an issue. I truly appreciate your help.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dwaller4449
Back