Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Idaho Unit 32A Wolves

archerynut21

I pulled the fall 32-1 bear tag this year. Was wondering if any houndsman have had issues with wolves? Would rather not risk dogs if this unit has a bad wolf problem.

Very little wolf activity in that unit, they just haven’t crossed over 95 much.
As in haven’t crossed into 32A much? All I’ve been able to find as far as info is there have been packs in the unit as of 2015. Nothing newer though.

As in haven’t crossed into 32A much? All I’ve been able to find as far as info is there have been packs in the unit as of 2015. Nothing newer though.
Sorry, meant haven’t crossed highway 55 a lot yet. Lots of people still running dogs in units with a much higher wolf density.

Thanks for the info, I appreciate it. My biggest fear running hounds are wolves whacking them.

I pulled the fall 32-1 bear tag this year. Was wondering if any houndsman have had issues with wolves? Would rather not risk dogs if this unit has a bad wolf problem.
There are a few well known guides in the area that run bears. I'd reach out to them to see if they'd give you any ideas. Pm if you'd like to know sone local outfitters that i think might help.

There are a few well known guides in the area that run bears. I'd reach out to them to see if they'd give you any ideas. Pm if you'd like to know sone local outfitters that i think might help.
I might have to take you up on that. I know some guys that go over there for dog training season and some guys that’ve hunted it. It sounds like nobody has had issues with wolves except for a Great Purinese that got killed by them in the southern end of the unit near Sage Hen Reservoir in 2014.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jahmes143
Back