Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Idaho Unit 22-1 Bear

archerynut21

I pulled the fall tag this year. If I make it over my hounds will be going. What’s the wolf situation like in units 22 and 31? The last thing I want is to lose good hounds to them. Thanks for any info you guys may have!

My boy pulled the same tag. Not sure when to go up yet. Congrats on the tag.

I pulled the fall tag this year. If I make it over my hounds will be going. What’s the wolf situation like in units 22 and 31? The last thing I want is to lose good hounds to them. Thanks for any info you guys may have!
The wolves are fairly thick but its a very popular area for houndsmen and the wolves seem to stay off of the dogs.
Resident? I ask because non residents need a limited quota hound permit.

The wolves are fairly thick but its a very popular area for houndsmen and the wolves seem to stay off of the dogs.
Resident? I ask because non residents need a limited quota hound permit.
I am a resident. From the eastern side of the state. Have seen more non res guys with dogs than there are non res permits though the past few years and completely understand the frustration. Just asking because I’m extremely cautious about where I run when it comes to wolves.

I am a resident. From the eastern side of the state. Have seen more non res guys with dogs than there are non res permits though the past few years and completely understand the frustration. Just asking because I’m extremely cautious about where I run when it comes to wolves.
You wouldn't believe the amount of NR houndsmen in 22 during the training season. You will see a truck on every road sometimes up to 4 or 5 per road.
I understand Protecting your dogs. I have seen a lot of wolves/ sign in those units. Most of them have been in the snake river drainage. We watch for sign and act accordingly.

Yeti GOBOX Collection

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sscrano
Back