Idaho Super tag, A friend of mine got one!

Idaho Ron

Yep that is right he got a Idaho super tag for elk. He was talking about shooting a cow |oo
I don't think he will spend more than a couple of days hunting. To be honest I don't know why he even put in. Ron

Congrats to your buddy. But your right, why did he put in for it when he could of drawn a cow tag way easier.

Congratulate him for me by smacking him. Whip that guy into shape Ron, go down the Owyhees and get a monster bull.

The thing is he HAS a cow tag already. He is thinking that if he shoots a cow, then he can shoot the calf with the super tag, so it won't have to starve through the winter. :BLEEP:
Ron

Please tell me you are joking.. What if he never got the super tag? Was he not going to shot a cow with a calf. And if he wasn't why not hold out (that's funny) for a dry cow. Man that just seems like a huge waste of a good tag. But he was the lucky one and can do whatever he wants. But as a good friend Ron you need to help persuade him a little.

A calf won't starve to death if its mother is shot.. by that time they are weined.. Plus the herd will adopt the calf and take care of it as if it were theres..

This could be the stupidest thing I've ever heard.. I fully support his decision to shoot a cow with the tag if thats what he wants. But his reasoning is flawed.

cjcj, as the holder of a "Super Tag" here in Idaho, if your name is drawn you will have the privilege of participating in any open hunt in the state for the species you draw. That includes general hunts and controlled hunts. This is an opportunity of a lifetime for Ron's friend to shoot a dandy of a bull in some awesome controlled hunt areas that typically have crappy odds. I personally wouldn't shoot a cow or calf but to each his own.

Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
muleydude
Back