Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Idaho Shiras Moose

HONDO

My good friend took this moose over the weekend, he was higher up at about 8000' he went down after one shot from a 7mm mag......and then he got back up, but after two more shots into the boiler room he was down for good. He took this moose at 8:15 a.m. and got him out with two horses at about 10:00 that night.

Aaron2005ShirasMoose.jpg

AaronPackingMoose.jpg

Nut, this is a pretty good Shiras he is 45 1/2 inches wide, but he doesn't have any fronts. If he had fronts (Brow Tines) he could make a run for the B&C record book...

Congrats to your buddy on a good moose. I'm still looking for a good one for my dad. We saw 6 moose, 3 bulls, all small. The biggest was a 25" 5X5. Ya, if your buddies bull would of had forked eye guards he would of been in business. Congrats again to him.

Thats a Nice moose !!! Kudos... Just an FYI, 45+ inches is a Bit more then a "pretty good Shiras", It's a Dang nice one. You are right though on the Fronts and Spoons, but he was Wise not to wait for another :D :D

Excellent moose. I was fortunate to be drawn for a Washington Moose hunt in October and haven't seen anything as big as that one.

Nice Bull Hondo!!! hump :D Congrats

Fishhunt
Any luck yet? What unit did ya draw in? Helped my bud pac this one out last October. He got him up Thompson near Mt. Spokane. Saw Bulls almost every day we hunted.

337761.jpg

(Date on Camera was off)

If you haven't filled yet, and drew the same unit, be happy to fill ya in on where we saw the Bulls

Dean
WW

Back