PEAX Equipment

Idaho otc units.

Pnwhunter188

New to the site but I've grown up hunting oregon and spent most of my time archery hunting since I was a kid, I'm trying to plan a trip for my brother and I for an Idaho otc archery tag. I'm not looking for anyone's spot or honey hole but was wondering if anyone could help me get pointed in the right direction for a good unit to hunt that we could get a decent chance at some encounters.
EDIT: been looking at units 11A, 22, and 31 simply cause they're closer to home but I'm willing to drive farther. Does anyone have info on those units
Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
Gohunt.com is a great resource which can help you decide on what unit. Idaho has a lot of different terrain so it really depends on what country you want to hunt and what your goals are! Best of luck to you.

We're going to Idaho this year as well, but I don't have enough experience there to point you in the right direction lol. I'm just hoping all of our research means we'll have some encounters as well. Idaho has a LOT of OTC units for archery. I would recommend going to their website (start here maybe? https://idfg.idaho.gov/ifwis/huntplanner/stats/?season=general&game=elk&yr=2018&method=archery ) and looking for the units you've mentioned. The have pretty good resources in terms of tag availability, success rates, etc. Feel free to PM me any specific questions and I'll be happy to help if I can. Have fun and good luck!

I am also beginning my research and need to find where should I begin for my son and I on a do it yourself over the counter will be first Elk hunt for both of us. Ill be appreciative of any info thank you

Unless you have private land lined up 11a would be a complete waste of time

Also I would be careful with gohunts Idaho info. I’ve seen more than enough errors that could get someone into potential legal trouble to really trust them

Welcome to the forum. The search function on this site contains a ton of useful information - check it out

Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rifleman270
Back