Idaho or Montana Spring Black Bear

Mostly do backpack hunts in the fall, been to Idaho 3 out of the last 4 years for mulies and elk in the Salmon region . Wanted to try a different hunt a different time of year. You been watching CNN?
What kind of bear hunt are you looking for? When are you planning? What are you looking for? What's the logistics when you get to said destination? Lay some things out and maybe we could shed some light?

Mostly do backpack hunts in the fall, been to Idaho 3 out of the last 4 years for mulies and elk in the Salmon region . Wanted to try a different hunt a different time of year. You been watching CNN?
Laughed out loud at the CNN response ,no advice on the bears but following along as I've been thinking a lot about this lately.

You guys drive a black ford with a shell? Taked to few PA guys think last year in there.

What kind of bear hunt are you looking for? When are you planning? What are you looking for? What's the logistics when you get to said destination? Lay some things out and maybe we could shed some light?
Just spot and stalk, no bait. Backpack hunt looking at early to mid may. Flying in and renting a 4wd on turo. A Saturday to Saturday hunt and head home.

Just spot and stalk, no bait. Backpack hunt looking at early to mid may. Flying in and renting a 4wd on turo. A Saturday to Saturday hunt and head home.
Did you see much bear activity in any of your previous Idaho trips?

Fly to anchorage, get a rental, drive towards Fairbanks on either highway, stop and hunt.

Same price and logistics all things considered...
Flight to Boise from Pittsburgh under 300, rental on turo around 500 and split this with my buddy. License 300, and couple in expenses. Not sure that would get me to Alaska and back especially with a couple bears.
I might be off though as I’ve not looked into Alaska.

you have 10 days left if you wanted to put in for a controlled hunt in ID. Not sure if them units are any better as I just hunt around home

I definitely wouldn’t mind having some bears go missing here in Idaho. I am here in Idaho and I say come to Idaho. I regularly find hooves inside of bear scat, so I don’t object to you reducing our population of bears. The pandemic last year yielded a lot of free time and with that free time, I discovered way too many bears. I even managed to harvest one in a general unit and a second one in a second bear unit. Come to Idaho.

Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back