PEAX Equipment

Idaho Mule Deer Hunters

txDEERhuntr

Has anyone ever drew a controlled mule deer tag out of unit 14 here in Idaho? I am thinking about putting in for one and hunting my uncles land, seen alot of good deer in the area. Also Oscar this question is for you, what unit is that sheep tag in and would like to talk a little bit more about that.

Also this weekend is the Sportsman Show here this weekend hope to see ya all there!

I hunted it with my dad once before I was actually hunting; I was the child guide. I think that was in 1990. I talked him into shooting a small 2x3. We saw tons of deer, around 100 a day but the little buck he shot was the best we saw on that trip. My dad also used to hunt unit 14 a lot in the mid to late 70's. He took a few nice whitetails and a few nice mulies. He took his best muley there in 1979, which scores a litttle more than 180. It wasn't that many years ago that it wasn't a controlled hunt as it now is. In my opinion there is a lot of cool country in the area, I wish I knew it better than I do. If you have access to some private ground and with the Forest Service ground that is there I would consider it worth a chance.

MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Big daddy
Back