Idaho horse rentals?

maverik

Anybody know of persons or services that are willing to rent horses to hunters probably around Lewiston, Boise or even from Missoula, MT? Thanks

Maverik....I live in Idaho and travel to Montana alot and have a few buddies that are outfitters/guides. I asked them if they knew of any horse rentals and replied no as the stock they use are mostly loaned packed stock to them. I thought at one time I heard of a place I think it was in Colorado tho. My suggestion is to do a search on the net via altavista.com or whatever search engine you prefer and go from there. Maybe give it a few days more to see if someone responds that might know after the weekend.
Chris

------------------
shooter2.gif
deer2.gif

Mavril, Sorry I haven't gotten Back to ya. I have been Updating Links and Such for the Board here :D

Until just last week I know he LAW STATED (I will BOLD the Important part :

TITLE 36
FISH AND GAME
CHAPTER 21
OUTFITTERS AND GUIDES
36-2102. DEFINITIONS. (a) "Person" includes any individual, firm,
partnership, corporation or other organization or any combination thereof.
(b) "Outfitter" includes any person who, while engaging in any of the
acts enumerated herein in any manner: (1) advertises or otherwise holds
himself out to the public for hire;(2) provides facilities and services
for consideration; and (3) maintains, leases, or otherwise uses equipment
or accommodations for compensation
for the conduct of outdoor recreational
activities limited to the following: hunting animals or birds; float or
power boating on Idaho rivers and streams; fishing on Idaho lakes,
reservoirs, rivers and streams; and hazardous desert or mountain
excursions.

I don't know What the NEW law States YET, But I know that Legislation had a BILL the was Approved and Was just on the Governers Desk that Allowed People To rent Horses and Equipment.

Before that It was ILLEGAL!!!! I know 100's of people that did It. If an outfitter caught Wind of that you were toast :D Anyways, I think You can Now rent horses to hunt/pack out animals.

Until I see a copy of this new Bill and Find out if It is In effect yet, I wouldn't plan on going that rought this year Mavrik.....

Just a Heads up

-Moosie

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chughes
Back