Caribou Gear

Idaho fun

Ironhead

Well, we got back from another great trip to ID. on Saturday night. Tagged some nice animals and saw some alot better. I posted a pic of WA. buck the day we left, and said I would post some details of our ID. trip. I love the country you guys have in your state,what a beautiful place!
We arrived saturday and set up our camp (sorry no pic) cooked some grubb crashed and were up at 5:00 am. with much anticipation of the days hunt. We would spend the day looking for my sons first buck. Saw a couple of forky's with does at first light and he passed on them as he wanted something a little bigger. We sat down for a bite to eat at 11:00 am and talked of heading down when this buck stepped out. My son said he was big enough for a first buck and with one shot down he went. A very proud moment in my life, one which I will never forget as I am sure neither will he.
On tuesday evening I glassed up a nice 4x4 and decided he was the one. I was up looking for him at daybreak and found him at about 9:30 am, bedded on a steep rocky ridge at about 5oo yards. With no way to get to him I opted to wait him out and let him feed into the same sage bowl I saw him in the night before. Well I never saw him again after he left his bed at 2:30 in the afternoon. I decided the next descent buck I saw was going home with us. At about 5:30 this 3 pt made the mistake of chasing some does across an open ridge and gave me the oppurtunity I had been looking for. One shot through the lungs and he went down. Not on top of the ridge of course, but about 300 yrds. below where I shot him at. (only draw back to a lung shot)
Well sorry about the long winded story, but there is alot to say about such a wonderful place. Here are a couple more pics of your awesome state and wildlife.

Attachments

• Pic098.jpg
    Pic098.jpg
    107.5 KB · Views: 197
  • Pic070.jpg
    Pic070.jpg
    63.8 KB · Views: 196
  • Pic089.JPG
    Pic089.JPG
    44.7 KB · Views: 193
  • Pic115.JPG
    Pic115.JPG
    50.7 KB · Views: 191
  • Pic104.jpg
    Pic104.jpg
    191.1 KB · Views: 196
Congrats, awesome looking country for sure. Much better than some of the jungles we have up here.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Juicer52
Back