Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Idaho Falls living

I lived in IF a while back. A long while back. But has some decent off roading and dang good fishing. Didn't get a chance to hunt down there. Some BOMB mexican food. Alot of jeep folks down that way. Fly fishing and picking morel mushrooms was a hit . A few hot springs. Neat place overall. But you will get a few people knocking on your door trying to talk to you about god if that's your sort of thing. Good luck.

No strangers to winters. We have brutal winters in the UP
It's all about the wind.....
... Culturally Idaho falls is kinda weird, the recent growth has helped some I’m sure but it can be a bit unwelcoming to those that don’t fit the cultural mold. ...
......and the chill.

Negative on the mountain views from IF. To get a view of the Tetons you need to be over by Tetonia or Driggs. Victor is right at the base of Teton Pass and you can't see squat there because you are too close. 90 miles north you can get to Henry's Lake and the mountains there. You can make it over the hump to Jackson Wyo. in about 2 hours and the ultimate mountain view. If you like to fish you're not far from the South Fork of the Snake or the Henrys Fork. It's 2+ to Yellowstone and the fishing there. It's not a bad place but the places that are better located cost a pile more $$.

Living in the east, the winter and spring wind of the west can be something to behold. The wind and Idaho are well acquainted, winter can be brutal anywhere in the state.

Lived there for seven years not long after getting married and have several fond memories of IF. Lots of outdoor recreation to be had. Great fly fishing, bird, and big game hunting. Steelhead fishing on the Salmon a few hours away. More sunny days than I experience here in north Idaho. Winter can be colder than a witches tit's in a brass bra and the wind blows all the time. Did I mention the wind blows all the time?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mfrosty6
Back