Caribou Gear

Idaho Elk Hunting Survey

They are obviously considering moving to more controlled hunts. My question is they are worried about the declining quality of elk hunting in Idaho so why continue to allow people to kill two Buck/bulls a year by purchasing a second non resident tag? If you want to provide quality and opportunity letting a few people with a few 100 extra dollars shoot two rag horns a year is pretty stupid in my mind.
And to all of the people who buy a second tag and shoot two 3pt deer every year I know that it's legal but does it make it right? Will you feel guilty when the current system fails and we go to all controlled hunts? Will you be mad on the years you don't draw a tag and don't get to hunt deer or elk at all?

that is a poor statement, I do this for deer, but I don't buy meat either, I havn't bought red meat in 9 years, I fully disagree with your statement, I think they should give residents as many opportunities as possible too fill there freezer, now that said, it is wrong for the some residents too do this just too shoot another animal, I know several people that shoot deer/elk/antelope every year and don't hardly touch the meat, most hunters seem too throw it out after a couple of years in the freezer, pisses me off, I hunt just about everything in Idaho that I can afford too harvest, for example this year we, my wife and I, got 3 deer, and 1 antelope, and about 100 ducks/geese a few dove's and quail, plus my dad's antelope from last season well some of it, and I have 12 bags of 12 perch in the freezer as well, this may get us too antelope season if we are careful, we have alittle of everything in the freezer, i'm hoping too not run out, as far as your last question that will never happen, f&g need all the funds possible, they will keep the controlled hunts the way they are and keep plenty of general season's open too all.... they better anyway...
Matt

and he said that the guy who funded the first wolves from Canada in Idaho was the Marvel Comics guy....Comic books.... Can anyone help validate this ol' guys story?

LOL, Marvel Comics was never a family name. The founder of Marvel, Martin Goodman died in 1992. The Marvel name was established in the early 1960s when Stan Lee (largely associated as the "founder" of Marvel, though he was not) created the "Fantastic Four" largely in response to DC Comics' "Justic League"

/comicbooknerd

Now that you have taken the elk survey go to the bottom of F&G home page and take the atv survey.

Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chamoy
Back