Caribou Gear

Idaho Elk CH

SagebrushSlayer

I wanted to see if anyone on Hunttalk has drawn a bull tag before in unit 36a-1? I've had a cow tag for the area, but it was an leftover tag back in 2008. Those dates were in Nov. Having that tag proved why it was a leftover back then, elk numbers were way down. Seeing how I drew the bull tag this year and it starts October 1, I was hoping to get some info from anyone that has hunted it. With low number of tags, I figure not a lot of people would overlap each other.

I've had calls in to talk with IDFG, but have not had my calls returned. I spent two days earlier this week, scouting and re-familiarizing myself with the area, North of Livingston mine to the Salmon. I don't have access to horses and will be doing the hunt backpack style. I'm hoping to get my first bull and know this country is going to take everything I have to get one. I will be hunting the first seven days the hunt, then working on getting more 4-5 day hunts later in the month if need be.

Any specific info, I would appreciate a PM. I have some general questions as well. Thanks for the help anyone can provide.

Last edited:
Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back