IDAHO deer unit 73 help

Shotgun1

Hey Guys,

My boy and I drew this unlimited deer tag. I have been internet scouting the area and I have one actual weekend to scout it out due to the distance and being a non resident. I am not looking for any secret spots but in looking at the map it appears the BLM is mostly on the west side and the Forest Service on the east. So with the short time to scout would anyone be able to recommend concentrating on the USFS or the BLM.

Thanks

If you guys don't mind walking in and packing an animal out, I would look at some of the Access Yes property in that area. Unit 73 is also in the motorized vehicle restriction, so to be safe, it would be better to find a good spot to park the pickup and walk in somewhere anyway. Have you checked out the Idaho Fish and Game's Hunt Planner?

I've hunted the east side nearly all my life and have had my best success in the CRP / Forest service interface areas. However, the landowners on the east side of the unit are known to be pretty crotchety so I'd be sure to make it painfully obvious you're not trespassing.

I would love to see some pics of harvested deer in that unit....we are not looking for trophies just some average deer or meat deer.

I would love to see some pics of harvested deer in that unit....we are not looking for trophies just some average deer or meat deer.

I don't have a picture, but I have a friend that harvested a 190+" buck in that unit last year on public land. I don't know (or have permission) to share any of the details of where he was hunting, but there are some nice deer there.

I don't have a picture, but I have a friend that harvested a 190+" buck in that unit last year on public land. I don't know (or have permission) to share any of the details of where he was hunting, but there are some nice deer there.

Nice deer I assume..I was not looking for any kind of secret spots I was just wondering should I generally scout the BLM or Forest Service. Thanks for good news post.

How did the scouting go? Have you had any luck finding some spots to concentrate on?

Darrin

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CrownDitch
Back