Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Idaho December Elk Unit 46-2

IdahoHunter12

I am an Idaho native, and I drew a bull tag for unit 46-2 and have been hunting it hard but solo this month. I have seen several groups of cows in the desert and the bruno canyon as well as Mule deer and prong horn but have yet to locate any bulls. This is not my usual hunting area and am struggling alone to find these bulls, also my tag expires December 31st. I am taking a few days for the holidays with my family and am planning to hit it again before season end. Any advice on where I can locate some bulls would be greatly appreciated.

This isn't a super useful response, but I have to wonder if there's enough snow south to push many of the bulls down off the mountains in NV.

I am an Idaho native, and I drew a bull tag for unit 46-2 and have been hunting it hard but solo this month. I have seen several groups of cows in the desert and the bruno canyon as well as Mule deer and prong horn but have yet to locate any bulls. This is not my usual hunting area and am struggling alone to find these bulls, also my tag expires December 31st. I am taking a few days for the holidays with my family and am planning to hit it again before season end. Any advice on where I can locate some bulls would be greatly appreciated.
Did you end up finding any bulls in Unit 46? Would love to hear your feed back from the hunt! hope you were successful!

He lasted a whole week. Better than most…?
You know I'd be interested in the statistic of how long the average user lasts. There's so many than come for one post and disappear into the ether it has to be like a week max or ten years

You know I'd be interested in the statistic of how long the average user lasts. There's so many than come for one post and disappear into the ether it has to be like a week max or ten years
The shortest i've seen is the same day. Dude was in the middle of a CO deer hunt and made an account to ping one post. Never returned after that day.

Well how the heck else are you going to get a hot tip if you don’t ask? Got to shoot your shot

Unit 46 December hunt you’re waiting/hoping the elk cross from Nevada to Idaho. It’s a gamble and very weather dependent.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bgeary
Back