Caribou Gear

Idaho buck

Mac7

Shot a little broken antlered 3x2 buck Sunday.Spotted him about 600 yds harrassing a doe.Moved in to 400yds set up the snipe pod and was watching him when I heard people talking below me on a closed road.Since I wouldn't want anyone shooting over my head. I went down the ridge and up the other side to get closer.I couldn't see him when I headed up the ridge but figured he would be close.Circled above where I last saw him and eased down the ridge.Spotted him in his bed at about 70yds but the only shot I had was his rear or head and he was looking at me so I waited for him to look away.He did after about 5mins and I put the crosshairs on his neck and shot.He jumped up and took off with 2 does.I couldn't believe it I missed:confused: .So I went down to his bed to look for blood just to be sure,followed his tracks about 50yds down the ridge with no blood.I stopped and looked down the ridge to see him coming accross below me at about 40yds and didn't miss that time.Will try to post a pic.

Attachments

• 101_0898.jpg
    101_0898.jpg
    286.9 KB · Views: 283
Now that you've got meat in the freezer, go find the big boy. Congrats on the buck.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lincoln's Poppi
Back