MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Idaho bound

Cammy

Can't wait for this week at work to end! Leaving Tuesday for a week in the great North woods of Idaho with my FIL. I can't wait to see snow on the ground and a nice fat doe in the crosshairs that will make some great hamburger for my family.

Kudo's to Idaho for selling disabled Vets cheap tags and for the 1/2 price sale on second tags earlier in the year. 2 tags will fill out my freezer nicely!

Not sure how much space your two tags will take up in the freezer, best to use them on deer if given the chance:D Good luck!!

Not sure how much space your two tags will take up in the freezer, best to use them on deer if given the chance:D Good luck!!

LOL!!!

Guess I should have worded that differently. Good catch!:D

Idaho Success!

Returned from a successful Idaho hunt. 2 tags filled in 2 days. Idaho allows either sex in the unit I hunt so my hunts are freezer fillers. Bagged this guy in the dark timber thinking it was a doe on the first full day of hunting. Took a doe the next afternoon following a 400 yard miss on a nice buck.

Attachments

• Resized.jpg
    Resized.jpg
    122.1 KB · Views: 217
Processed a total of 105 pounds of hamburger, sausages, salami and snack sticks. The total includes the 30 pounds of pork and pork fat I mixed in with it all. Glad to have every ounce of the meat as we were completely out of venison when I left for the hunt.

Oh, and reading my initial post I was hoping for snow. Saw one day of snow and 3 days of rain. Made for lousy hunting as everything was soaked by the time we left. Packing up in the rain sucks!

Last edited:
PEAX Trekking Poles

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Uncle_Danno
Back