Caribou Gear

Idaho Big Game Proposals

I agree, the best. They might be finally realizing that this is the opportunity, hunters have been asking/wanting. I might have to rearrange a lot of my out of state hunting opportunities, if Idaho keeps this up.

Looks like we're never going to get our general, either sex elk season back in the Panhandle. I hate having to by a freaking lottery ticket to hunt.

Unfortunately it will never happen, but we need non-resident tag quotas for elk in the Panhandle. All the other zones have them except us, so we end up having to deal with a disproportionate share of NR's.

I feel you on that one. It sounds like IDFG is willing to listen. I was eyeing that either sex hunt myself...sorry:W: Actually I see they've omitted or eliminated several controlled hunts without any mention...? I wrote em a note about it.

I heard rumors that if you want to draw an unlimited tag it must be a first choice now? Can anyone verify that, because what I usually do is put in on a trophy unit with my first choice ( lol I never draw anyways) and than use the second choice for an unlimited in an area I know well and usually can harvest an alright buck or just a doe for meat? Anyone have any info on that? Thanks!

I believe if you follow the link you will find your answer...it's yes. To reduce crowding on airstrips.

I'm wondering if not all controlled hunts are listed for each region. Perhaps they only listed the ones to which they were thinking about making changes?

I'm wondering if not all controlled hunts are listed for each region. Perhaps they only listed the ones to which they were thinking about making changes?

Correct. Make your voice heard on these, you may have some chance to convince someone good or bad. I think two online chats are also on the agenda regarding big game.

I would do virtually no good in an online chat as I would probably jut scream "I LOVE YOU!!" like a 14 year old girl at a Bieber concert...however I'm pretty sure I love every other state compared to OR and WA.

Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tvrguy
Back