Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping System

Idaho Bear Hunt

pa mt man

I am thinking about hunting bear this fall in Idaho; before hunting elk in Colorado in the third rifle season. I've never been to Idaho. I have been thinking about giving elk hunting in Idaho a try next year.
I have read that there are cheap non-resident bear licenses available because you have too many bear. Can these licenses be bought over the counter? Can anyone tell me of a good place to go to hunt bear, and scout for future elk hunts at the same time?
Thanks,
Don

To hunt bears in Idaho you have to have a hunting license....125.00 then you have to buy a bear tag....250.00 for out of staters....some areas have a 2 bear limit where the 2nd tag is 31.00 I believe...all of these prices are correct with in a dollar or so. I hunt in the wilderness so I cant give you any tips on where to bear hunt there. Good luck, if you cant get any real info that you want, drop me an email and I will hook you up with someone that can help you.

Jason

Thanks Jason,

Our group has been elk hunting in colorado for five years now. Successuful the years we draw, nothing the years we have to go over the counter. Next year[2003] we have to go over the counter and we're thinking Idaho for elk. Idaho's big game set up is very confusing to us. I think we can hunt bear and lion in Lolo, Selway, and the Middle Fork zones with a non-resident hunting license and a reduced bear tag. I'm not sure.
I'm planning on coming out around Oct. 12 and leaving Oct.26. I'm mainly going to be checking things out for next years elk season. I thought I might bear hunt, but it looks like these zones have a lot of wilderness.
I will do some more homework, and probably have some more questions.

Thanks again,
Don

Just thought I would add that you can blast a bear, mt. lion, OR a deer with a nonresident deer tag in most of the state.

Jason Lee is close, nonresident license is $128.50 and the tag is $235.00. You can get the reduced price bear tag in the areas you mentioned for $31.50. But keep in mind the reason they want more bears killed in there is that it's remote country and they don't think it gets hunted enough.

You can use a deer tag for a bear or lion....but only during the times when deer and bear or lion overlap. And in a lot of areas by the time deer season rolls around the bears are denned up.

I'm sorry but I don't have any first-hand experience in the areas you're talking about. But if you've got the means to hunt that type of country then I think about any of it would be decent for elk and bear....mostly just a matter of getting to know it a bit.

Good Luck.

If Im correct the reduced tag is the second one that you buy....after the you buy the first more exp one, I hunt one area that is like this but its either a 30 mile walk in or a 150.00 fly in from hamilton Montany

Back