Idaho Antelope Buck

smarandr

So I know next to nothing about judging antelope--in fact this year will be my first year chasing them. In my travels last weekend I found this guy and wanted to get some expert opinions. Keep in mind that this is an Idaho buck and we don't grow them like they do in Wyoming or New Mexico.

Last edited:
They grow them fine there it looks like to me. Good find and keep your eye on him. I am not an expert, but this is a fine 1st goat anywhere for anyone. HUGE body, would guess him around 14". Are you looking for one for the book?, or tips on field judging?

They grow them fine there it looks like to me. Good find and keep your eye on him. I am not an expert, but this is a fine 1st goat anywhere for anyone. HUGE body, would guess him around 14". Are you looking for one for the book?, or tips on field judging?

Truthfully, since I'm doing it with sticks I'd be happy with a fawn;) But more to your question I suppose that I'm really looking for field judging tips, getting one for the book would be pure dumb luck for me right now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mowglimadness
Back