Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping System

Idaho allows hunters to kill two bulls and two bucks a year why in the #%& is that ok

that's one of the reason's i'm 29 and still weigh 160 lbs with a six pack.. how many other people can say that.... sorry I ranted...
Matt

I can! I am 35, 210 lbs with a six pack and I eat greasy e coli burgers all the time. :D oh and I have a big wiener. :D:D

Seriously tho, Fowladdict made the point I didn't feel like about picking your own cow and butchering. Yeah I am not following your prices either on deer/lope tags. Those are resident prices.... and you can't buy two lope tags in ID :confused:

Carry on.

Seriously tho, Fowladdict made the point I didn't feel like about picking your own cow and butchering.

And the nice thing is that they will let you walk right up to them pretty much when you pop em...a 10 yard shot isn't out of the question, plus they are usually right along side the roads so you don't have to pack them out far. :rolleyes:

BS retract this statement..... or at least modify it, stop putting those hunters that purchase two tags into one lump some.... there are some that actually need this..... I am hole heartedly against your statement... we will chat on Monday fishing if you want..... i'm not out too shoot a big buck big bull, i'm out too feed my family and enjoy what god gave us....
Matt
Hey Matt are you still up to go fishing with me monday? If we disagree so be it I have no hard feelings. After all if I disliked every one I didnt agree with I wouldnt have any friends:D

How the heck are you getting two deer tags for 39.50? Two antelope tags for $77.50? Are you buying your wife tags? For the sake of the thread we are discussing an individual buying a second deer and elk tag. A second deer tag costs $300. To my knowledge we can't buy second pronghorn tags in Idaho. Cost would be roughly $715 for an extra elk and deer tag (non-ress fee).

Not sure how you come up with $1,000 before butcher fee...I can do much better.

is it that hard too believe my wife hunts? she shot a 175" muley her first time drawing a tag, and yes all are doubled because she hunts and helps fill the freezer there boss...
100_1737.jpg

100_0571.jpg

her first antelope with a bow
100_0111.jpg

thought we were discussing cost of hunting/eating and buying/eating too,
Matt

Good luck fishing. When fishing have Justin explain to you what the purpose of this thread was.

Why do I feel like I got in the middle of a love triangle?:hump::hump::hump:

If nothing else this thread shows how tuff it is for f&g to please us all.

I buy the second tag if I tag out early, and believe me I've ate alot more $300 deer tags, than $300 deer.

get rid of roads and improve habitat and you will see more animals; gettting rid of a second tag in someone's pocket will not increase herd productivity.

I buy the second deer tag all the time and I will continue to buy them as long as they have them. Not because I want to hurt our deer herds but because Idaho fish and game have those set aside for hunters. Back in the day if I didn't buy one someone else did so the same number of animals were being killed. The problem here is they need to reduce the number of tags they give to the non res. The just give way to many tags. If they reduced the number of tags to where only enough for the nonres then we wouldnt have this argument. I wouldn't be upset I would be just more picky. :)

The one thing I didn't read anywhere in this discussion is carrying capacity. Granted I didn't read every word on every post, but it may be worth checking on. If there are so many people occupying so much area in Idaho these days, that the herd size is endangering itself, this may be a way of reducing herd size so that it stays within the carrying capacity of the habitat. May have nothing to do with money or politics. You never know unless you ask.

Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
troutflys
Back