Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Idaho 2023

The gang was just talking about this last night; can’t say anyone is too thrilled about the upcoming “being on hold”

Zero plan. That’s the only way to guarantee a good number in the waiting room. See the number, yell ‘Holy begeezus!’ and try to find something to buy while the time limit ticks down? That’s the plan.

Not waste my time in a digital waiting room for a “OTC” to end up disappointed with what’s left.
You have to look at it as a draw...because it basically is. Why wouldn't you at least sign in to see what place you draw? I'd rather have less competition though so I admire your sacrifice.

I was looking at the process to buy an OTC NR youth / Junior mentored tag tomorrow. My understanding is I can apply for my son as a youth (he's 15 years old) but the catch is I also need a tag for the same species. Has anyone purchased OTC for a youth? Was the process to try and buy two OTC tags in the same unit at the same time?

I was looking at the process to buy an OTC NR youth / Junior mentored tag tomorrow. My understanding is I can apply for my son as a youth (he's 15 years old) but the catch is I also need a tag for the same species. Has anyone purchased OTC for a youth? Was the process to try and buy two OTC tags in the same unit at the same time?
I would call them. My understanding in the OTC process is a hunter can only buy a tag for themselves, but I don't know if that applies to youth, too. It's a good question.

Is it a mentored tag or has he been through hunter ed and has or can get a hunting license. The mentored license would be if you have a tag, you can get him a tag for the same unit and mentor him.

Is it a mentored tag or has he been through hunter ed and has or can get a hunting license. The mentored license would be if you have a tag, you can get him a tag for the same unit and mentor him.
He has hunter ed so can buy a license. I would prefer to not have a license so I can focus on his hunt.

I'll re-read the ID regulations, I thought to get a youth tag I also needed a tag of the same species. Sounds like i might have this wrong?

He has hunter ed so can buy a license. I would prefer to not have a license so I can focus on his hunt.

I'll re-read the ID regulations, I thought to get a youth tag I also needed a tag of the same species. Sounds like i might have this wrong?
I’ve done the mentored youth before. The tag doesn’t need to be for the same unit.

It used to be a really good deal ($100 for deer/elk) them Idaho decided it hated NRs.

Back