MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Idaho 11 late muzzleloader elk

b0nes

Anyone ever have success on this hunt? I know the unit quite well but I've always been there in october. Anyone spend much time in there in November? Thanks for any advice.

A couple of friends had the deer tag last year and they didn't see any elk but that was early November and they might have just been in the wrong spot for the elk...

Didn't you kill a dandy buck in there in November, or was that just late October?

That was from an adjacent unit (11a). I've only spent time in 11 in early September through late october. Going in from the river in mid September and bulging bulls in while no-one has hunted yet is a pretty incredible experience. But I've had this tag before and spent 4 days in there and got my butt kicked. Saw 200 head of elk pouring into the canyon I was hunting from the river but only raghorn bulls. Which is kind of irrelevant considering by the time we got 3 mi and 2300 feet higher we didn't see an elk, and I camped for 3 days. Fantastic mulies in there though. I'm not an elk hunter and just don't know what the bulls do in the late season. I've tried posting a picture of my deer from this year but the pic is too big and I don't know how to resize.

b0nes - as far as resizing here's some helpful information:

Look at this post:
http://onyourownadventures.com/huntt...d.php?t=231193

Post #7 is the step-by-step. Read it carefully and pay attention to the size of your photo files. If you are trying to post photos directly from your camera or your phone, they will be WAY TOO BIG. You will need to resize them or use a photo sharing site.

Post #13 is the file size limits. Just about every problem that comes with uploading files has to do with file sizes being too big. To solve this, you can do one of two things;

a) Using some photo management software, like Picasa, export your files with a maximum pixel width of 800. You will be set.

b) Use an online photo sharing site such as Picasa, Photobucket, or Flickr. Those hosting sites will automatically adjust your file sizes to whatever limits a website has.

You can also check out:
www.webresizer.com

Hope this helps.

Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tinhunter
Back