ID refuses to send wolves to CO, joining WY and MT.

too bad oregon is willing to give colorado some wolfs//though i dont want them here,,i also dont want colorado to turn into the barren landscape like oregon now has now,,havnt seen a decent deer or elk in a while here in my home state,,,in fact i would lmao if colorado could turn around and sue oregon for giving them some wolfs.that would make my day.

Their wolf count:

2021 they count six IN Colorado with 6 pups.

That is what they counted.

2022 comes out with a 0.91% determination for the entire State population to flip the future... And suddenly only two counted by collars.

Hmmm...

Their wolf count:

2021 they count six IN Colorado with 6 pups.

That is what they counted.

2022 comes out with a 0.91% determination for the entire State population to flip the future... And suddenly only two counted by collars.

Hmmm...
I don’t even understand what you’re saying. Explain the conspiracy to me.

They claim there are only two in Colorado.
You believe that @Oak ?

I know you play a neutral-ish / quality objective position and I more often than not appreciate your experienced knowledge.
That said, the notion, propelled by international eco terror woof organizations, to take wolves from other States is rather confounding to those who place boots in the backcountry of Colorado.
More frustrated are:
1. Utah,
2 & 3. New Mexico, Arizona, both with smaller ACTUAL ESA Mexican Wolves, in jeopardy (Randy Newberg podcast in opposition to this crud).
4. Southern border of Wyoming that the Center for BS Diversity filed suit against USFS to require a no hunt / trap wolves zone...

To me, I find it crap that suddenly only two wolves are present in Colorado.

The measure:

It does not state they must take wolves from other States. The wording; they must create and carry out a plan to reintroduce and manage gray wolves.

If Colorado has wolves IN Colorado... Play ball! Carry out the plans to focus on the reintroduction and manage THEIR grey wolves.

"1/8/2020: Colorado Parks and Wildlife (CPW) reports an eyewitness account (including video) indicated a likely presence of multiple wolves in Moffat County in northwest Colorado
1/22/2020: CPW confirms a previous wolf sighting is Moffat County is likely an active wolf pack of at least six wolves
2/13/2020: CPW cites genetic tests confirm the presence of wolves in Moffat County
3/10/2020: CPW announces wolf pack is again verified with an additional sighting, this time with seven wolves
6/12/2020: CPW announces sightings of new wolf activity within the state.
After the initial release of 34 wolves into central Idaho in 1995-96, wolves naturally spread throughout Idaho and across state lines into Montana, Washington, Oregon and California. Professional and state federal wildlife managers saw no need to artificially introduce more wolves for the sake of genetic diversity or for any other reason as those wolves continue to multiply on their own. At last count minimum estimated populations number 1,000 wolves in Idaho, 900 in Montana, 158 in Oregon, 145 in Washington and 7-10 in California.
Given the recent and past history, other wolf packs either may already be in Colorado, on the verge of entering Colorado or individual members of the current Colorado pack may break off and create their own packs.
2019: CPW confirmed the sighting of a collared wolf in Jackson County from Wyoming
At last word, it is still in Colorado"

The measure:

It does not state they must take wolves from other States. The wording; they must create and carry out a plan to reintroduce and manage gray wolves.

If Colorado has wolves IN Colorado... Play ball! Carry out the plans to focus on the reintroduction and manage THEIR grey wolves.

Beyond what "the" article says, doesn't say, or eludes to say, the wolves Colorado has fits part and parcel with the 2023 intent based on the measure's statement, quoted above.
A possible legit means to not open Pandora's box for this 2023 batch of Oregon's finest...

And keep hope alive, if not for another year. Maybe Cattlemans hire the Center for BS Diversity's attorney. 😉

Same thing with Oregon -- ODFW was slow to acknowledge presence of wolves, and how many. Continual downplay of the situation. To update another poster on Oregon numbers they was confirmed at over 170 at the end of 2020. Likely a lot more than that by now.

ODFW has recently made a video called Understanding Wolves -- Dispersal . Accompanied by cutesy music. One started in NE Oregon and went down past Sacramento. Got hit by a car 60 miles north of Los Angeles. Point is, CO doesn't need an infusion of wolves. They'll move in on their own

For the purpose of "science" studies excluding biased pro or opposition / political slants, it will be very interesting to review incriments of 10 years through the next 50 years, and onward.
Colorado:
Most elk: Approx 290,000. Some bearing on this number ---> Colorado holds more than double the quantity of elk of any other State.
Montana 135,000, Oregon 133,000, Idaho 120,000, Wyoming 112,900, New Mexico 80,000, Utah 74,000. (Huh! Never knew Oregon topped Idaho and Wyoming...)

Reality - A wolf chews up approx 20 elk per year. In the grand scheme of stats (Where's Wllm when you need him...)
Say Colorado wolf population grows to 1200... That's only 24,000 elk taken per year. Humans harvest approx 50,000 Colorado elk per year.

Will be some very interesting studies - of course if there is a sizeable change, eco enviro/terror organizations will claim its due to climate change - not cute woofsies.

For the purpose of "science" studies excluding biased pro or opposition / political slants, it will be very interesting to review incriments of 10 years through the next 50 years, and onward.
Colorado:
Most elk: Approx 290,000. Some bearing on this number ---> Colorado holds more than double the quantity of elk of any other State.
Montana 135,000, Oregon 133,000, Idaho 120,000, Wyoming 112,900, New Mexico 80,000, Utah 74,000. (Huh! Never knew Oregon topped Idaho and Wyoming...)

Reality - A wolf chews up approx 20 elk per year. In the grand scheme of stats (Where's Wllm when you need him...)
Say Colorado wolf population grows to 1200... That's only 24,000 elk taken per year. Humans harvest approx 50,000 Colorado elk per year.

Will be some very interesting studies - of course if there is a sizeable change, eco enviro/terror organizations will claim its due to climate change - not cute woofsies.
Not to mention the vast majority of elk taken in Colorado each year are bull elk. The wolves will indiscriminately kill elk of either sex, this will certainly have a significant impact on the cow elk populations. Which will clearly lead to lower elk populations overall.

Colorado:

I think we should relocate Elk from CO to NV, purely to preserve the genetics. 😎

Caribou Gear

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
theghostbull
Back