Caribou Gear

ID nonres spring bear?

davinski

Any prayer of them opening spring bear back up to nonresidents? I saw the provisos about having already purchased a tag or already set an agreement with the outfitter and unfortunately didn't make that cut. I know nobody has a crystal ball, I'm just looking for a little hope! Thanks.

On April 15th Governor Little extended the Stay-at-home-order through until April 30th. You can monitor Idaho Covid-19 status here.

I heard part of the closure was a reaction to Washington closing hunting for residents and the forthcoming tide of WA hunters planning to hunt Idaho.

I doubt Idaho will shift it’s policy until other states (Wa, Or, MT) do something similar.

Thanks guys, will keep my fingers crossed. I was working on a plan for archery bear this year when this all hit. Seems like Colorado is the canary in the coal mine trying to open things up a little bit right now. Hope we keep chirping and others follow.

i dont see a much greater way of social distancing than sitting out on a ridge glassing for bears,,,but the cityfolks have no idea what bear hunting even is,,,lol

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leejones
Back